Story of iSymbiotic
- iSymbiotic has a medical record system software.
- The customers of this organization are
- The hospitals own the servers on which we install/deploy the iMRS.
- We give new versions to the customers every month.
- For this iSymbiotic uses the following Test Environments
- Dev Environment: This environment needs to deployed for every change done by dev team
- System Test Environment: This environment needs to be deployed once every day at 11:00 PM
- Performance Test Environment : This environment needs to be deployed once every day at 1:00 AM
- UAT (User Acceptance Testing)/Pre-Prod/Staging: This we deploy every weekend i.e. saturday 6:00 AM
Possible Solutions to make this work
- Have admins do the deployments manually
- Write scripts like shell/powershell scripts to deploy the application.
- Using Declarative Approaches like configuration management to deploy the application
Note: Assumption is iSymbiotic already has servers with OS ready.