- Ansible is widely adopted for
- Configuration Management
- Network Automation
- Administrative Activity Automation.
How Ansible Works
- Basic Illustration
- Ansible should be installed on the control node which comes with inbuilt python or uses the existing python on the control node
- On the Nodes, we need to ensure python is installed.
- When we execute Ansible Playbook, Ansible control node logs in into nodes parallely (by default 5) and executes the playbook using python
- To login into the node Ansible needs credentials configured.
- Protocol used for logging into
- Linux Machine: SSH
- Windows Machine: WinRM
- We need 1 Linux Machine to act as Ansible Control Node
- Visual Studio Code as a editor.
- Windows 7 or 8.1 => Install Git on Windows
- Installing Softwares on Windows Refer Here
- For Windows 10: Refer Here to install Windows Terminal
- Install Homebrew Refer Here
brew install git
- Visual Studio Code:
brew install --cask visual-studio-code