- Every Change moved from staging Area to Local Repo is called as COMMIT.
- Every Commit has an ID
- using GIT you can move to any commit in history.
- Lets Define HEAD. HEAD is pointer which points to commit id working tree is looking at.
- Lets try to move the HEAD to Third commit. For that you need commit id. Commit id which can be used are long and short
git log git log --oneline
- Now Lets move the HEAD to Third Commit
git checkout 7907137
- Now to move the HEAD back to latest commit
git checkout master
Revert the modified changes in the Working Tree
- Make changes to 6.txt and add some content.
- To revert the changes from the working tree on this file
git checkout -- 6.txt
- The default branch of git is master
- Now lets try to create some branches.
mkdir ecommerceapp cd ecommerceapp git init
- Now lets create basic folder structure
mkdir src mkdir test mkdir docs touch Readme.md touch src/main.py touch test/main.py touch docs/main.md
- Now commit these changes
git add -A git commit -m "Initial Folder Structure Created"
- Now this ecommerce application development is agile, We need create the branches for sprints. For now we need to create a branch called as sprint-1
git branch sprint-1 git branch git checkout sprint-1
- To create a branch called sprint-1 and move the head to sprint-1
git checkout -b sprint-1
- Sprint-1 Developement has made some commits
echo "Sprint 1 Started" >> src/main.py git add . git commit -m " Feature 1 completed" echo "Sprint 1 Started Testing" >> test/main.py git add . git commit -m "Feature 2 completed" git log
- Now checkout to master branch and then back to sprint-1
git checkout master git checkout sprint-1