Elastic File System
- Network Disk.
- While Creating EFS users should choose the az’s where EC2 instances are existing.
- EFS is a Network Disk which can be mounted from any Linux EC2 Instance
- Whenenver EFS is created, user selects the AZs and Security Groups which determine the access to EFS.
- Once the EFS is created it can be mounted on AWS EC2 linux instances.
- Create two linux instances with Amazon AMI in two different subnets
- Create a security group. (Open all is fine for now but not in enterprise usecases)
- Create an EFS with size of 1GB in default VPC and select all the AZ.
- Use Mount Instructions to mount the efs on to your ec2 instance.
- Now do the tests by creating files or folders in one instance and checking in other instance.