- Legacy Terminal of Windows
- Scripting is Batch Scripting.
- Is shipped along with windows.
- Powershell Core can run on linux as well.
- Windows Server Nano /Core Editions. These editions will not have GUI. They just have powershell terminal.
- Powershell DSC which can be used like Ansible/Chef for Configuration Management.
- Cmdlets is a command that can be executed on Powershell Terminal.
- Cmdlets are written in .net
- Cmdlets have the following pattern <verb>-<noun>.
Get-Process New-Item Get-Help
- Powershell also has huge module library called as Gallery. For now consider module as collection of cmd-lets
Practical Approach to a right cmdlet
- There is a cmdlet called as Get-Command which lists the commands by search text.
- Once you find a right cmdlet use Get-Help
Exercise-1: Find a cmdlet to Get Network Details
Get-Command '*Network*' Get-Help <cmdlet> -Online
Exercise-2: Create a new file and a directory
Objects in Powershell
- Everything in Powershell is an Object
- Object has Methods & Properties
Comparision Operators in Powershell
Filtering Data using Where
- Any Member and Operator combination to filter
- Choose the Property which you want to rely and decide your condition
<cmdlet>| Where <choosenProperty> <condition>
- Get all chrome Processes running on your machine
Get-Process Get-Process | Get-Member Get-Process | Where ProcessName -eq 'chrome'
Delete all the files in temp directory which are of extension .log
Get All the Processes which have Working Set grater than 10000