- Apache Lucene: This was a opensource software launched by Apache Foundataion. The purpose of this project is to search text faster.
- Elastic Search: Built on Top of Lucene with many other usecases to serve. Refer Here
- Interesting features of elastic search
- Designed to Scale Horizontally
- Fault tolerant by design
- Restful API’s
- Elastic Cloud offers Elastic Search as a Service.
- We will create a sample applications and servers which we will be monitoring
- For this we need a cloud account (AWS/Azure)
- Note: System Setup: Refer Here
- Vertical Scaling: Increasing the size of resources
- Horizontal Scaling: Increasing the number of servers