- Consider an organization DSquare with employees
- DSquare will give laptops to the employees and employees need to sign in
- To implement this feature where we have a database of following items below LDAP (LightWeight Directory Access Protocol) was introduced.
- Microsoft’s implementation of LDAP is Active Directory
Azure Active Directory
- Azure Active Directory is Identity as a Service.
- Azure Active Directory can be used to provide Authentication and Authorization to
- Azure AD is all about
- B2C (Business to Customer)
- B2B (Business to Business)
- Azure AD Supports sync or import of existing users/groups/objects from Windows Active Directory into Azure.
- Interesting features
- PIM (Previliged Identity Management)
- Self Service Password Reset
- Azure AD Pricing Refer Here
Which AAD i’m connected to and information about that
- Login into Azure
- Every Azure AD will have primary domain name
- If we want to have our orgnaizational domain name that can be added, which becomes secondary domain name
Lets Create a user in Azure and login
- Navigate to Azure Active Directory and Select Users and perform the following steps
- Now lets signin with tony start navigate to Refer Here
- Exercise: Create 7 users and 2 groups in Azure AD