AWS Dynamo DB
- Refer Here for the Dynamo DB Usage guide.
- This is fully managed NoSQL Database from AWS.
- There are following types of NoSQL Databases
- Document Databases
- Key Value Database
- Graph Databases
- Generally NoSQL Databases are designed to scale.
- Dynamo DB has a table and table will have items (documents/records)
- Creating a Dynamo Db Table
- Refer Here for dynamo db sdks and Refer Here for some sample code.
Activities for Operations:
- Make Table Global
- Setting Backups
- Performing Restores
- Import and Export from/to S3
- Cost & Performance Optimizations.
Activity: Try to Create two estimates for Dynamo db table with
- 100 GB Storage
- 5 GB Storage
- From the observations, AWS Dynamo db on-demand cost contributes of
- Read/Write Counts per million
- What is Write Units and Read Units.
- NoSQL Databases have two ways
- Where we specify instance sizes ( vCPU, RAM)
- Where we don’t specify instance classes and specify some write/read units