AWS Autoscaling Group (ASG)
- AWS Autoscaling Group allows us to launch multiple ec2 instances and maintain the count
- ASG has two kinds of scaling
- Fixed Number
- Lets create an ec2 autoscaling group with fixed number of ec2 instances.
- create an ec2 autoscaling group with fixed number of ec2 instances with php info application.
- Ensure we have an ami with php info and stress tool installed. Refer Here
- Create a Launch Template with php info ami
- Create auto scaling group
- Right now two ec2 instances are running lets terminate one ec2 instance and see what happens
- Once you are done either delete the autoscaling group or update the desired capacity to zero.
- Exercise: Create Autoscaling group with fixed scaling with php info ami.
- Create AMI
- Create Launch Template (AMI is mandatory)
- Create Autoscaling group