Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* The Release cycle was in the range of 6 months – 2 years.
* Our goal: Is to build bus ticket booking system
* To build bus ticket booking system:
* The design of the application is as follows
* Assume the development has to be started on Aug 15 2004 and to be finished by Aug 15 2005
* During this time, testing team is preparing test cases based on Requirements documents
* Development is handled by 4 teams
* SQL Developers
* Java Developers
* UI Developers
* .net Developers
* Each of this team works in isolation.
* On Aug 1 2005, they decided to combine their work, this is referred as Big Bang Integration.
* This situation often leads to errors, now to meet deadlines we make things work somehow with incorrect fixes to your application.
* As a best practice, We do integration (Combining the work by all dev teams) frequently from day 1.
* All the integration failures will be known to the teams in the early stages of development.
* This way of integration is called Continuous Integration.
* Failures are Common, But be aware of failures rather than last minute surprises => Continuous Integration.
* For performing Continuous There are two important things
* We should integrate for almost every change done by any developer in any team pf the project => Day build
* We should also integrate for a stable changes done by all of your team memebers daily. This build will be given to your testing team next day for testing. => Night Build
- To Perform CI, CI Engines Like
- Understanding Version Control Systems
Stuff needed for Labs on CI/CD
- Cloud Account
- Windows 10/11
- Watch 1-7 videos Refer Here