Hybrid Connections between On-premises and AWS VPC
- Overview of Site to Site VPN Connections
- Customer Gateway: This is vpn server on-premises with static public ip address
- Virtual Private Gateway: This is a managed vpn server by aws in our vpc to establish Site to Site VPN Connections with on-premises network
- For maintenance of servers: Login into servers from on-premises systems using private ip of AWS
- For network connectivity between ec2 instances and on-premises servers for the applications to work.
- Lab Setup:
- For simulating on-premise i will be creating a virtual network in Azure with one vm in it
- AWS vpc in any region
- Ensure you have vpn server on-premises. Supported VPN Devices Refer Here
- Ensure you have some server with private ip on-premises
- Create a VPC in AWS with two subnets.
- Launch an ec2 instance in any of the subnets
- Create a virtual private gateway in your vpc
- Give the details of the VPN Server on-premises which is referred as Customer Gateway
Create a Site to Site VPN Connection
Make the note of VPN Server ip address, cidr range of VPC and cidr range of on-premises.
- Download the configuration once the Site to Site VPN Is Created.
- Check ping from aws to on-premise or on-premise to aws using private ip and it should be successful