Status Checks on EC2 instances
- Types of Status Checks
- System Status Checks
- Instance Status Checks
- System Status checks:
- This monitors AWS systems on which instance runs
- These checks detect underlying problesm with your instance that requires AWS involvement to repair.
- When this check fails
- You can report to AWS
- You can stop and start the ec2 instance (which resolves the issue in many cases)
- Instance status Checks:
- These checks monitor the software and network configuration on your instance.
- EC2 checks the health of instance by sending ARP request to the Network Interface.
Troubleshooting when ec2 has issues
Following are starting areas
For boot or network issues we can connect using serial console
Creating your own key pair
- Importing key pair
- Create a new keypair by executing
ssh-keygenon your terminal
- Now import the id_rsa.pub into aws
- What are AMIs?
- How to create them.