Elastic Stack Introduction
- Elastic Stack is a rich ecosystem of components serving as a full search and analytics stack.
- The main components are
- Elastic Search
- Elastic search is a real-time, distributed search and analytics engine that is horizontally scallable and capable of solving wide variety of use cases.
- Elastic search has some of the key benefits
- Schemaless, document-oriented
- Easy to operate and scale
- Rich client libraries and REST API
- Elastic Search is the core service of elastic stack with rich set of features.
- Horizontal Scaling: To meet our desired performance/demand we increase number of instances (physical server, virtual machines etc)
- Vertical Scaling: Increasing the system resources (RAM, CPU, Storage) is considered as Vertial Scaling
- Scaling with Replication in the Case of Relational Databases: