How Docker containers Work
- Refer Here to understand how containers work
- To Make contianers work linux uses
- Isolations are created using kernel feature called as Namespace
- Resource limits are applied using kernel feature called as cgroups
Docker Engine (Earlier Versions)
- In ther earlier versions Docker used to rely on lxc to create container.
- LXC was part of linux releases, any feature changes used to impact the docker containers.
- Docker has built a project called as
libcontainerand the the goal of libcontainer was to provide Docker with building blocks that exist in the host kernel to create containers.