AWS Snow Family
- AWS Snowball Service uses physical storage devices to transfer large amounts of data between On premises and S3.
- Transferring the data from on-premises to snowball devices and then AWS will collect the devices and transfer them physically to AWS Region and import into s3 bucket
AWS Snowball Edge
- This is a physical device with on-board storage and compute power.
- This device does local processing and transfers the data faster than internet.
- This transport is done by shipping the data in the appliances through a regional carrier.
AWS Storage Gateway
- This connects on-premises software appliance with Cloud-based storage.
- S3 File Gateway
- FSx File Gateway
- Tape Gateway
- Volume Gateway
- To use these gateways we start by downloading a VM image for the file gateway and then activate the file gateway from console
Using S3 For Hosting Static WebSites
- The multimedia content of the websites can be cached by creating a cloudfront distribution as discussed in the class.