- We will create a Windows Server 2016 With Hyper V enabled
- In that server we will create
- Ubuntu 18 Server
- Centos 7 Server
- Windows 2016 Server
- Now we would like to migrate the servers and databases to AWS/Azure.
- And the Same Setup with VM Ware ESXI and VCenter enabled.
- If you have Physical System
- We will create these workloads on them
- This machine needs a decent internet connection
- Create an Azure Free Account
- We will create a hyperv enable Windows 2016 server.
- Refer Here for creating a vm
- In this class i will be using 8 vcpu and 16 GB of RAM.
- As part of first month credit of azure (200$) you cannot create more than 4 vcpu, use a machine with 4 Vcpu (if you have newly azure account)
- The approximate bill for migration will be less than 500 rs.
- Create a Azure VM With
- OS: Windows Server 2016
- Size: D4s v3
- Now connect to the machine using Remote Desktop
- Launch Powershell as administrator
Install-WindowsFeature -Name Hyper-V -IncludeManagementTools -Restart
- After Restart, Relaunch Powershell as Administrator and Create a NAT virtual Network Switch to enable internet connectivity for guest virtual machine
New-VMSwitch -Name "InternalNAT" -SwitchType Internal
- Execute Get-NetAdapter and make a note of IfIndex
- Now Create a ip address
New-NetIPAddress -IPAddress 192.168.0.1 -PrefixLength 24 -InterfaceIndex <ifindex-noted>
New-NetNat -Name "InternalNat" -InternalIPInterfaceAddressPrefix 192.168.0.0/24