What does DevOps Engineers Day looks like
- Ensure your pipeline is running without issues:
- These pipelines are designed to work with CI/CD Engines like Jenkins, Azure DevOps(VSTS), Bamboo etc….
- Interactions with Dev, QA and Program Management Teams some times with IT Team to get necessary resources
- Ensure you are working on Pending Items on your Automation Backlog.
- Ensure all of the Infrastructure required to maintain CI/CD Pipeline is working well.
- Documentation: Ensure your are Documenting all the activities like Server Information, Steps for Backup/Restore or what ever is required to maintain DevOps Pipeline is Done
- Legacy Applications: Ensure you are ready to spend time on Legacy stuff with less automation possibilities
- Performance Improvements: What can be changed in pipeline so that we can deliver quickly
- Continous Self Learning to keep yourselves update
What are other tools/knowledge which you should have
- ITIL/Ticketing Tools like remedy, Service Now
- Bug Management Systems like JIRA, Azure DevOps
- Documentation Tools like Wiki, Google Sites, Markdown, Confluence
DevOps Jobs in Tough times
- Companies will hire people who are multi skilled
- Decent Scripting knowledge (Shell, Powershell, Python)
- Cloud Knowledge (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Kubernetes will be something to look out
- Helm and Openshift will help