Azure Migrate Architecture
- Existing Virtual Infrastructure should be running on VM Ware VCenter or Hyper-V
- From Azure Portal, Download the appliance and create a VM with the appliance.
- Configure the appliance, to connect to existing virtual infrastructure and Azure.
- Start Assessment to get the Assessment report
- Do the necessary changes (if required/suggested)
- Start Migration
Lab Environment for Migration
On-Premise Hyper-V Environment will be simulated on Azure/AWS.
To create Hyper-V Host on Azure, we need to use nested virtualization feature of Azure.
Refer Here to create a nested virtualization supported hyper V windows Server.
Endorsed Linux Distributions Refer Here
Endorsed Windows Distributions Refer Here
Sample Environment for Migration
- We will be migrating 3 vms from hyper-v hosts
- VM1: Windows Server 2016 with .net application
- VM2: Ubunutu 18.04 Server with java application
- VM3: Centos 7 Server with mysql(db)