Docker Images and Registry
Components of Docker
- Docker will have two major components
- Daemon (Docker Engine)
What happens when we execute docker container run <image>
- docker client will request the daemon
- daemon will check for the image in the local registry
- If not found in the local registry, then the image is downloaded from default registry to local registry (pull)
- Using the image in the local registry, a container is created.
How to create Docker Image?
- Converting existing containers into images
- Exporting VMS to Docker Images
- Creating Docker Image using Dockerfile (Instruction based Approach)
Instruction Based Approach to be followed.
- In this we will make a note of deployment steps for the application to be run inside container.
- Learn mapping these steps to Dockerfile Instructions