Web Application Consideration
Web Application Request Workflow
When user requests increase, the need for cpu and memory increases. Possible solutions are
- Vertical Scaling: Increasing H/W capacity of the server
- Horizontal Scaling: Increasing Servers
Since we are hosting web applications on Elastic BeanStalk, As the requests increase we should be able to scale and set the load balancer.
Configure Route53 to point your domain name to Load balancer/Elastic Beanstalk
Also SSL/TLS Certificates are to be configured.
Making Web App Ready for Scaling.
- Persistent Data: Always store/retrieve any information from Databases/Other Storages.
- Sessions: When any information is processed based out of client, Ensure Stick Sessions are enabled on Load balancer. Try to store even session information in other storage/db
- Use Cache Servers for Quick informations.