Systems Manager Architecture
How it Works
- Using AWS CLI/Console/SDK users can navigate to Systems Manger.
- System Manager Performs operations of Ec2 Linux or Windows Instances.
- During this process it interacts with other AWS Services such as
- So, to give permissions for one AWS service to interact/access other AWS Services , we need to create a role.
Systems Manager Capabilities
- Run-Command Executes the SSM Documents and the execution is done by SSM agent
- Reusable set of actions are shared as SSM-Documents
- SSM-Documents can be created by the user using JSON formats
- For Syntax Refer Here
- For Actions Refer Here
- SSM Documents are stored in Shared Section
- Used for Updating Windows & Linux OS Patches
- System Manager Agent can execute Patches
- Download Execute Shell Script SSM Document
- add one step extra to manual steps which displays environment variables