Building Code and Unit Testing Using Jenkins
- It depends on Technology (EcoSystem)
- Every Technology/Application has different set of build tools and unit testing
- In Jenkins Approach is
- Install necessary tools
- configure tools for Jenkins user
- In the build section execute these commands
Example: Building Docker Image
- Even if you are not familiar with docker, we can still build this.
- First lets install Docker. Login as Jenkins user and do the following
curl -fsSL https://get.docker.com -o get-docker.sh sh get-docker.sh sudo usermod -aG docker jenkins sudo service jenkins restart # when it is configured in jenkins exit # relogin docker info
- Lets look at commands
git clone https://github.com/DevProjectsForDevOps/StudentCoursesRestAPI.git docker image build -t studentcourserestservice:1.0 .
- Create a free style Jenkins project, Select the Source Code Management Tab and give git details, and then to build section and Execute shell
docker image build -t studentcourserestservice:1.0 .
Build/Compile/test Java Using Maven.
Building Java Code
- Compiling Each and every .java file
- archive (zip) all the generated .class files into war/jar/ear
To do this build activity, there are many build tools
In this series we restrict ourselves to Maven
Maven Installation on ubuntu
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install maven -y mvn -v