- Ensure Chefdk is installed on Workstation
- Login into Chef Server and Download Starter Kit (One time Job)
- Starter Kit consists of
- Basic Folder Structure for Cookbooks, Roles and Environments
- Authentication Mechanism between Workstation and Chef Server
- Information about Server.
- Create a Linux Node on AWS/Azure/VirtualBox. In this series I will be using AWS.
- Utility which is installed as part of chefdk
- Remember to run knife commands with your present working directory in Starter Kit
- Node Bootstrap:
- Refer Here for official chef docs.
- In the current scenario, we will be using knife bootstrap
knife bootstrap <publicip> -U <username> -i <pathtoidentify> --sudo -N <fqdn>
- For bootstrap commandline options Refer Here
note: Referred from Chef documentation.