Azure Virtual Machines
Terms of Cloud
- Service: Anything which microsoft Azure Offers
- Resource: Any thing you create in Azure
- Resource Group: Collection of Resources. It is mandatory that every resource has to be part of some Resource Group.
- Location/Region: Azure Locations where you can create resources
Create a Azure Windows Virtual Machine.
- Free Tier Plan: 750 hours of Windows Virtual Machine of Size B1S (1GB RAM and 1 VCpu)
- Refer Here
How Azure Works
- Hypervisor helps in creating VMs on Physical Infrastructure.
- Azure takes the Hypervisor technology to a large scale Datacenters
- For each Rack Azure adds a Fabric Controller.
- Azure has orchestrator and it is exposed via APIs
- Every request made on portal/cli/sdk reaches orchestrator.
- Then Orchestrator finds the right rack and forwards the request to fabric controller.
- Fabric Controller follows the orders from Orchestrator and creates necessary resources.