AWS Networking Endpoints
- Endpoint provides private access to VPC resources for AWS Services
- Interface Endpoints
- An Elastic Network Interface will be created within your VPC cidr range to a list of Services mentioned over here
- Gateway Endpoints
- A Gateway is created to connect to AWS Services (S3 and Dynamo DB)
- To use Gateway Endpoint add the route to point to Gateway. (Much like Route to IGW or Route to NAT Gateway)
How about OnPremise to AWS Services
- Using Direct Connect, On-Premises Data Centers can be connected to AWS Regions via PoP.
- To use Direct Connect, You need to go via AWS Partners supported in the Region.
Multi Network Connectivity in AWS
- Consider Account A has a VPC-A in Region A
- In VPC-A applications are running.
- This Application whenever it needs to send pager notifications, it needs to connect to another VPC (VPC-B) which is in Region B and Managed by Account B
Problems with Connectivity
- Machines need to have Public IP and Connectivity to connect across VPCs.
- To solve this we need a way to connect from VPC-A to VPC-B using private IPS
How to do that
- IP Ranges should not collide
- Since it is connectivity between two networks, VPN(Virtual Private Network) can be used.
- For connectivity across AWS VPCs, then Amazon gives the Option of VPC Peering