Public and Private IP Addresss
- Private IP is dervice from your Address Space (CIDR Range)
- Public Ip is assigned to the machine and there is no range or selection. Public IP is allocated from a pool of Azure Public Ip.
- Network Interface of the VM which connects to subnet. IP addresss is given to NIC
- Create a Virtual Machine using Azure Portal in your multi tier network
- While creating the machine ensure Public IP is enabled
- Create one more VM using Azure Portal in the same network but different subnet and don’t enable public ip
- Try to communicate from your laptop/system to both the machines.
- Demonstrate Jump Box using the Machine in Public IP to connect to machine with no public IP from your system.
Azure VNET Routing
Azure VNET System Defined Routing
- By default this is available.
- This Routing
- enables all internal communications with in Azure VNET
- Allows Outbound/Inbound traffic to/from internet
- Refer for Azure VNET System Defined Routes.