- Is Docker Production Ready?.
- Can I run application workloads 24*7 , 365 ?
- What would happen if containers go wrong?
- Can I deploy new containers for existing containers without downtime?
- How can i monitor containers?
- Every application will have peak loads. can we scale containers automatically ?
Some more challenges
- Maintaining these many containers will be challenges?
- Deploy new container in the place of existing without downtime
- It would be better if a system does solve the above mentioned challenges
- Exactly that’s what Kubernetes does
- Kubernetes does
Why K8s is popular
- It is from Google.
- K8s is built from at-least a decade of experience in running containers from google product lines OMEGA, BORG.
- K8s is an open source
- Cloud Providers
- Amazon: EKS
- Google: GKE
- Azure: AKS
- Kubernetes works with
- Simple Declarative YAML Manifest (YAML files)
- Node: Any resource with CPU, Memory & Network
- Cluster: Collection of Nodes