Lab Setup for migrations
Reference for migrations
- This activity is based on documentation present over here
- We will be creating a Windows Server 2016 with HyperV enabled.
- We know that this is in cloud, but assume this in on premise
- Create a resource group in Central Us location
- Launch a Windows 2016 Server with Any V3 (D4_V3)
- Enable RDP access
- Enable Hyper-V
- Create a virtual network switch & NAT for getting internet for vm
- Install chocolatey and then vagrant
choco install vagrant -y
- Restart the machine.
- Configure DHCP Server
Creating Virtual Machine using vagrant
- Open Powershell as admin and execute the following
vagrant init centos/7
Points to note
- In V3 series, Microsoft azure started supporting nested virtualization.