EC2 instance types and sizes
- AWS categorizes ec2 instances by its purposes
- Each purpose has some families associated with it like M, C5, t2, t3 …
- M5 Refer Here
- Naming convention Refer Here
- Create an ubuntu 22.04 instance with size t2.micro in any region
- stop the ec2 instance
- Resize to t2.nano
- Now start the instance to use the system
- This activity is referred as vertical scaling.
- AWS allows to increase as well as decrease the sizes, this is called as elasticity.
- Technical term: scale up or down