- Git is a Distributed Version Control System which maintains source code’s.
- Getting the repository into local system
git clone `url`
git clone https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-petclinic.git
Working in git
- Create a new repository in your github account
- clone the changes into your local system
- make changes and add them to staging area
cd <into your working folder>
git add .
- Before commiting the changes from your system we need to perform one time setup. provide username and email id Refer Here
git config --global user.name "Mona Lisa"
git config --global user.email "Mona.Lisa@qt.com"
git commit -m "some message"
- Now to send the changes to remote repo
- To get latest changes from remote repository to local repo
brew install git
brew install --cask visual-studio-code