Azure Managed Disk
- Azure is responsible for attaching disk to vm’s, Partitioning, formats and customizations post vm creation is user’s responsibility
- Backups of Disks are called as snapshots and can be automated or scheduled.
Managed Disk – Activities – 1
- Create a Windows VM with os,data disk and stop the vm, increase the size of data disk.
- Created a disk with 4 GB
- Now resize to the greater size
- Now try resize to smaller size and will not be allowed
- Type of the disk will be allowed once the vm is deallocated.
- Temp disk can be resized only by changing vm size
Exercise: Activity 2
- Create a linux vm with a Data disk of any size
- view all the disks on linux
- moun the data disk to some folder in linux
- resize the disk in Azure Portal to greater size.
- Now try to deal with size increase
some linux commands to perform the above
- df -h
- filesystems (xfs/ext4)
- Can we resize OS disk during vm is in running state ?
- Backup Options
- Full Backup
- Incremental Backup
- Restore Options
- restore backup
- point in time restore