Application Deployment – Generation Wise
- Earlier we used to run applications directly on physical servers and then we moved to hypervisors to cut down the Capex (Capital Expenditure) and OpEX (Operation Expenditure)
- Companies like VmWare are very popular in Hypervisor space
- Then docker happened
What is Docker?
- DotCloud was working on building PaaS, to make this work they have created an opensource framework for creating containers easily which was called as Docker.
- This became an overnight success and the company became Docker Inc.
- Refer Here for demo of Docker by its creator 10 years ago.
- As of now docker runs natively on windows as well