GitHub Pull Request Based Workflow in Jenkins
- Pull request workflow ensures we dont have faulty commits in the development branches
- Development Branches will not have write permissions for developers.
- The create local feature/task/defect branches. Once the work is done, they create pull request.
- We would do Continuous Integration with Static Code Analysis, unit tests, smoke/sanity tests are working or not. If every thing is passing we show the results to users who can merge pull requests to make decision to merge or reject.
- Post merge we do day build.
- Refer Here for sample repository
- Install Github pull request builder plugin to jenkins
- We need to fix the issue of triggering jobs when pull requests are created.