Azure VMSS Auto Upgrade
- For a VMSS to support autoupgrade, Health Extensions needs to be enabled.
- Refer Here on the official docs on setting automatic upgrades.
- Ensure auto upgrade is on by executing the following command in azure cli
az vmss update --name phpmyinfo --resource-group vmssdemo --set UpgradePolicy.AutomaticOSUpgradePolicy.EnableAutomaticOSUpgrade=true
* To perform manual upgrade execute the following command
az vmss rolling-upgrade start --resource-group "vmssdemo" --name "phpmyinfo"
Azure VM Purchasing Options
- To Purchase VM’s In Azure we have 3 major options
- We pay hourly bills based on usage
- Hourly charge for vms which are running
- We give a commitment of 1 (41% discount) or 3 years (62% discount)
- Monthly charges
- Spot VMs: Refer Here