Azure Virtual Machines
Azure Shared Images using Compute Gallery
- Refer Here for the official documentation.
- Shared Image gallery allows us to create multiple image definitions.
- Each Image definition represent an application (purpose)
In each Image Definition we can have multiple image versions.
Creating a new Compute Gallery
- Publisher: This generally represents organization building images
- Offer: This represents the application/release
- SKU: This represents the versions
To create image use capture from VM
- For creating infra have a template (ARM Templates/Terraform)
- Changes in infra will be done in the template
- If the application is deployed on vms where same application is deployed in multiple vms handling this from vm image is easier.
- To automate vm image creation