Cloud Adoption Framework
- These are guiding principles for customers adopting azure.
Scenarios of Two Organizations
Organization 1: iCommerce
- This organization is an ecommerce platform where they have
- 2 data centers across india
- The application architecture looks as shown below
- For BCDR (Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery) this organization runs the same application in two data centers
- To maintain this application in the Datacenters, We need to perform
- Datacenter administration
- OS Administration
- VMWare Administration (Hypervisor)
- Database Adminstration
- Backup and Storage Administration
- Network Adminstration
- iCommerce has decided to move to the cloud to reduce operational overhead and costs involed & they have global aspirations.
- Minimal Outcomes:
- Application should run as it is running on-premises
- There should minimum Downtime (max: 1-2 hours) during this switch
- Peak time responses should be quick and should not fail
- Sync issues across datacenters should be resolved
- Effective Backup solutions.
- Cost Reduction.
- Migrate to Azure and ensure at a bear minimum things run as it is on-premises.
- Now modernize to get the benifits of cloud
- This organization has a business idea and that is approved to implement
- As of now they dont have any thing existing, They want to build the application which is cloud compatible.
- What is hypervisor?
- What is Type 1 & Type 2 Hypervisors?