Four Golden Signals
- Refer Here
- Four Golden signals
Log Monitoring Contd.
- As of now we know how to send logs or parsed logs to elastic search (Logstash to Elastic Search)
- Elastic cloud account Refer Here
- Check the elastic endpoint
- The beats is a lightweight framework that was created to ship metrics or logs to elastic stack
- Refer Here for official page
- The shippers available are
- file beat: send files from the nodes to elastic search
- metric beats: sends metrics (cpu, memory, storage etc) to elastic search
- packet beat: send network traffic to elastic search
- winlog beat: sends windows event logs to elastic search
- Heart beat: sends the uptime to elastic search
Lets create a server with apache and send metrics to elastic search
- In this case initially lets send basic system info to elastic search.
- Install apache server
- Metric beat:
Installing metric beat Refer Here.
- apt based installation: Refer Here
Get the cloud id from elastic search and enter cloud id and cloud auth in metricbeat.yml
- Now enable necessary modules
- Configure metric beat Refer Here