- For sending mail we have pipeline step Refer Here
- Refer Here for the changes done
- Refer Here for the changes which include tghe Environmental variables
- Mail Sending in the case of scripted pipeline
sh 'echo hello'
git url: 'https://github.com/GitPracticeRepo/game-of-life.git',
mail subject: "Build Failed for Jenkins JOB $env.JOB_NAME with Build ID $env.BUILD_ID",
body: "Build Failed for Jenkins JOB $env.JOB_NAME",
mail subject: "Build Completed for Jenkins JOB $env.JOB_NAME",
body: "Build Completed for Jenkins JOB $env.JOB_NAME \n Click Here: $env.JOB_URL",
Static Code Analysis And Quality Gates
- For every commit it is difficult & time consuming to review the code manually on application features, language best practices, code coverage (unit test imporovements) etc..
- Static Code Analysis tools can scan the code for
- Language Best Practices
- Code Coverage
- Design issues
- Security Issues (SAST, SCA)
- Sonarqube is the tool which can perform static code analysis.
- If you want your ci/cd pipeline to consider build as failure if the report from static code analysis is not ok/ not meeting your organization criteria, then we need to implement Quality Gate.
Package Repository or Artifact Repository
- During CI/CD we build packages. If we want to store these packages in some repository so that we can deploy any version on our Dev, QA, UAT, PROD environments
- There are lot of options here, But JFrog/Artifactory is widely adopted Refer Here
- The other options are
- GitHub Packages
- Azure Artifacts (Azure DevOps)