Virtual Machine Scale Sets Continued
- Auto Scaling:
- Auto scaling is a feature of VMSS where the instance count is set dynamically based on some metric.
- Auto scaling will not scale out more than maximum number of instances set and will not scale in less than minimum number of instances.
- In this case we have used Inbount NAT to login into VM
Lets configure auto scaling
- Now lets artificially increase load on the vm using stress tool by executing this command in the VM
stress -v --cpu 8 --io 4 --vm 2 --vm-bytes 128M --timeout 20m
- Wait for 5-10 minutes to see the increase in instance count
- Kill the stress tool by executing
ctrl + cand wait for another 5-10 mins you should witness the scale in.