Simple Storage Service
- Storage in S3 is organized into buckets.
- Each Bucket can be thought of unlimited storage.
- Bucket can store any files. The only restriction is individual file size cannot be greater than 5 TB
- The file which we store in bucket can be accessed over https url.
- When we create a bucket the url of the bucket will be
- Two bucket names cannot be same across all aws accounts
- Lets create an s3 bucket
- Lets access one uploaded document
- So far, we understood that using S3 we can upload any file types as long as their size is less than 5 TB and access it over https(internet)
- We can consier the storage space as unlimited
- In S3 we have to consider two important terms
- Availability: When you access the url the file should be accessed
- Durability: This represents that the file uploaded is not corrupted or lost
- The Other aspect to consider is cost. On a General note we would have two kinds of costs
- Storage Cost: Cost per GB (per month)
- Access Cost: Cost for accessing the data
- Depending on frequency of access the costs should be tunable,
- For these situations AWS has different Storage Classes.