AWS instance type Naming Conventions
- Instance type name contains the combinaton of instance family, generation, size.
- They also indicate some additional capabilites
- a – AMD processor
- g – AWS Graviton Processors
- i – Intel Processors
- d – instance store volumes
- n – Network optimized
- b – Block Storage optimization
- e – Extra storage or memory
- z – High Frequency
AWS Block Storage (Virtual Disk)
- EBS Volumes
Disk with OS referred as root volume or primary volume is always EBS
- EC2 instance and ebs volume should be from the same Availability Zone.