- This is a hosting service for DNS domains that provides name resolution using Azure Infrastructure.
- We can’t use Azure DNS to buy a Domain Name.
- For an Annual fee, we can buy a domain name by using Azure App Service Domains.
- Azure private DNS provides a reliable and secure DNS service for your virtual network. By using Azure private DNS zones, we can use custom domainname instead of Azure provide names during deployment
- To resolve the records of private DNS zone from your virtual network, you must link the virtual network with the zone.
- Linked virtual networks will have full access and can resolved all DNS Records published in the private DNS zone
- Create a public DNS zone (refer to classroom video for steps)
Update the nameserver details in your domain sellers account
Create a private DNS Zone: Ensure you have some virtual network
- Once the link is created lets create two vms ensure ping is allowed
- one in web subnet
- one in app subnet
- Once the vms are create navigate to private dns zone and check the records
- Lets add a canonical record
- Create two ubuntu vms in a new vnet in any subnet
- Now install lamp stack (exclude mysql and firewall configuration) Refer Here
# ubuntu sudo apt update sudo apt install apache2 -y sudo apt install php libapache2-mod-php php-mysql -y # create a file at /var/www/your_domain/info.php with content <?php phpinfo(); ?> # centos sudo yum install httpd php -y # create a file at /var/www/your_domain/info.php with content <?php phpinfo(); ?> sudo systemctl enable httpd sudo systemctl start httpd
- Now access
- Now the next step is do understand and perform load balancing
- Update the Azure DNS to point domain name to Azure Load Balancer.
Note: Ensure You have Azure CLI installed Refer Here for the video and Refer Here for the official documentation to install Azure CLI. Refer Here for the installation of Azure powershell