Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Goal: To Establish private communication between on-premises network and AWS VPC
- This case is referred as Site-Site VPN.
- Another type of VPN is Point-to-site or Client-to-Site VPN where an individual remote user connects to the VPC from his client device
- VPN can be set up using different protocols and technologies. The most-widely used VPN technology is set of protocols call as IPsec (Internet Protocol Security), referred as IPsec VPN.
- The architecture interms of aws vpc and on-prem using site-site vpn
- After succesful connection is established then we should be able to communicate using private ip addresses
- To simulate the on-premise network, we will be creating a network in azure.
Create a VPC in mumbai region with 2 subnets and vpc cidr => 172.16.0.0/16
- Lets create the internet gateway and attach it to the vpc and modify route table
- Lets simulate the on-premises network in Azure.
- For creating network in Azure refer class room video.
- In Azure to create a gateway, Gateway Subnet has to be Created