Outbound internet connectivity to ntier
- If you create a VM in the Azure VNET in any subnet without public ip, the machine is not have internet connectivity
- To understand this better, lets understand Azure Virtual network traffic routing
Virtual Network Traffic Routing
- Azure automatically creates the systems routes to each subnet in a vnet.
- We cannot create or remove the system routes, but we can override some system routes with custom routes
- Default routes Refer Here
- NAT gateway provides outbound internet connectivity for one or more subnets of virtual network.
- Once NAT is associated with a subnet, NAT provides source network address translation for that subnet
- NAT Gateway specifies which static IP address virtual machines use when creating outbound flows
Create a NAT Gateway
- Creating a NAT Gateway should connect outbound internet to our subnet but whats missing
- Exercise We need to resolve this issue of internet connectivity for VMs with private ip to Internet.