- Assumption: Servers with OS are available
- Goal: We need to deploy our application in the servers
Configuration Management (CM)
- PULL and PUSH Based CM
- PUSH BASED CM
- CM Server will initiate the connection, so it requires the ipaddress/name of the node
- It will login into the Node and Execute the configuration. For this we need credentials of the node.
- In this model the Configuration Management Server has to maintain ip address/names and credentials of the nodes.
- Ansible is a Push Based CM implementations
- PULL BASED CM:
- Node will initiate the communication and ask for the configuration to be executed and when the CM Server Responds, it executes the configuration and shares the execution report (success/failure & some logs about what happended)
- On the nodes a CM agent will be installed which is responsible for communication, execution and reporting
- Chef/Puppet are Pull Based CM implementations
Declartive vs Procedural Approach
- Image based Demonstration