Azure Landing Zone
- Azure landing Zones are the output of multi subscription Azure environment that accounts for scale, security, governance, networking and identity.
Azure Management Groups
- Azure Management Groups make it easier to manage multiple subscriptions Refer Here for the official docs
Now lets try to Migrate
- We will start the migration with databases
- Ideal Migration
- Lets understand our lab setup:
- To simulate the on-premise, we will create a Window 2016 server VM in Azure itself but consider it to be on-premise vm
- We will install microsoft SQL Server inside the VM
- We will import some sample database into SQL Server Installed.
- Then we will use Azure Database Migration solutions to perform the migration
- Migration is a time taking activity.
- Setups take time.
- Migrations take time.
Preparing Our Database
- Create a resource group
- Now Create a Virtual Machine with Windows Server 2016
- Now to connect to the vm
mstsc -v <publicip>
- Now install your favorite browser
- Download SQL Server 2019 EXE Refer Here
- After basic installation install SSMS
- After installation of SSMS restart the server