- Overview: Distributed Stateful applications require features such as persisted identity, networking, storage.
- In real world behind every highly scalable stateless service is a stateful service typically in the shape of datastore
- In early days of k8s when it lacked support of stateful workloads, the solution was to place stateless applications in k8s cluster and stateful applications outside cluster.
- Single-instance stateful application => We create replica set and also Persistent Volume Claims & Persistent Volumes.
- K8S has StatefulSet that provides managing stateful applications.