K8s Quick Overview and Architecture
- To create the logical network as shown in the image, Kubernetes has a networking model
- This networking model makes opinionated choices about how Pods are networked.
- K8s dictates the following requirements on any networking implementation
- all Pods can communicate with all other Pods without using NAT (network address translation)
- all Nodes can communicate with all Pods without NAT
- the IP that Pod sees itself is the same IP that others see it as
- Kubernetes defines a specification for configuring network using CNI (Container Network Interface) Refer Here