Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets (VMSS)
- Azure VMSS lets us to create and manage a group of load balanced VMs. The number of VM instances can automatically increase or decrease in response to demand or a defined Schedule.
- VMSS provides high availability to your applications
- Best Practices for using VMSS
- Ensure your application is packaged into a VM image
- If you don’t have a performance benchmark, Try to start with Less Size General Purpose VM
- If you are hosting the application in a region where Zones are supported, use Zones in VMSS.
- For the load balancer to ensure the application is up & running in a particular VM in VMSS we create health probes. Health probe is a test using TCP/HTTP to determine if your application is up and running
Lets Create a VMSS for Lamp Stack
- Lets Create a Standard Load balancer
- Lets create a Virtual Machine Scale Set
- If the BE Pool is not working as intended perform the update of VMSS instances
- Next Steps
- We need to resolve the network forwarding to make the use of load balancer