Creating Windows Instances in GCE
- We cannot create windows instances if you dont subscribe to paid plan.
- Even after subscribing to this, your free plan will still continue
- To activate the full plan do the following
- Only after you activate this you would be able to create windows instances.
- We will be creating windows instances once we finish all the other services.
Exploring instance templates and instance groups
- Lets navigate to instance templates
- Now lets try to create an instance group
- When the application load increased we have 3 different public ips we need a way to configure one entrypoint into instance group
- Create an instance template with ubuntu 18 machine and machine type f1-micro
- In the start up scripts add the following bash
#!/bin/bash sudo apt update sudo apt install apache2 -y sudo apt install php libapache2-mod-php php-mysql php-cli -y echo '<?php phpinfo(); ?>' | sudo tee -a /var/www/html/info.php
- Now create a instance group with minimum instances as 1 and maximum instances as 3
- Understanding underlying concepts around instance templates, instance groups, auto scaling, auto healing , health checks and load balancing